Welcome to St. John's Episcopal Church
St. John’s Episcopal Church is located on John’s Island, near the Angel Oak, and serves the nearby sea islands, including John’s Island, Wadmalaw Island and the islands of Kiawah and Seabrook.
The parish was established in 1734 and the current church building is the fourth structure on the site.
The first two church buildings were destroyed during the Revolutionary and Civil Wars, and the third, built as a temporary structure, was replaced with the present edifice in 1955.
Like her neighbor the Angel Oak, St. John’s is firmly rooted in the soil of this earth and in the history of God’s people on these islands, but with feet planted in the present and eyes fixed toward generations yet unborn.
St. John’s Episcopal Church endeavors to provide peace, prayer, and care and serve as a place for all to gather in reverence and worship—to be changed and serve the world as our Lord’s hands and feet and mind and heart.